Wednesday, April 18, 2007
VT Connections
Most of you know that my husband (Will) graduated from Virginia Tech (class of '93) and so did his brother (David - class of '04) with degrees in Engineering. Currently we have a cousin (Andy) in his second year at Tech (also going for a degree in Engineering). I have heard from a lot of people since the terrible events on Monday and appreciate your thoughts and prayers - I thought I'd just post an update for everyone at once. So far everyone we know is safe and that is a blessing (we are only 2 hours away from Blacksburg and many families we know have someone at Tech), but a professor that was a favorite of David and Andy has been killed and I'm sure Andy will have known many of the students in the engineering classrooms at Norris Hall. Andy was on his way to class in Norris that morning and got turned away by the SWAT team and told to run - we are blessed he hadn't arrived a few minutes eariler. Will and I and David and (his wife) Sarah were all in Blacksburg last weekend for the '115th Anniversary' party for a the German Club (a men's social club that started with hosting German Waltz dances in 1892) that Will and David were in at Tech. It was bizarre that we were there the day before everything happened, but we were glad to have spent some time on campus and with Andy. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers for the students and staff at Tech and their families.
No comments:
Post a Comment