Thursday, June 17, 2010

Metro Richmond Zoo

The boys and I tagged along with Will on a mini business trip to Williamsburg this week. We had fun playing in a couple parks, eating out, swimming in the hotel pool, and shopping (well, fun for me at least). The highlight of our trip, though, was a trip to the Metro Richmond Zoo on our way home this afternoon. I had been to this zoo once before, about 4 years ago (the summer before John turned 1, when my mom and sister and niece and nephew visited). Will's parents lived near the zoo at the time and we spent the weekend with them and incorporated a trip to the zoo. I have been to many (4) zoos in Virginia and this is my favorite!

They have an elevated walkway through the giraffe habitat and you can hand feed the giraffes!!


Check out the tongue on that giraffe!




There were also some other great animals...

Rhinos, African Penguins, Orangutans, and LOTS of animals to feed.



We took the SkyRide over the zoo to see a different look at the habitats.  The boys loved it!

No comments: