Luke turns 3 tomorrow. I can't believe how big he's getting! We had a little party for him yesterday with pizza, cake, balloons, and presents. :)
In ways he already seems bigger than 3. In some ways I can't believe my baby is no longer a baby. He has grown up faster than John (as is the way with second children) - he learns from John and always wants to keep up. Luke moved into a big-boy bed this summer and then into bunk beds to share a room with John around Thanksgiving. He loves sharing a room with John, his best buddy, and they wake up every morning excited to play together. Luke is smart and sensitive and loving and so sweet. He is always quick with a hug and kiss. He knows all his letters and can do a perfect somersault (even with a running start!). He is starting to enjoy coloring and crafts, and is turning out to be a lefty, like his daddy, Aunt Jenny, and Pop Pop. He loves to play games - board games like Uno Moo, Guess Who, Memory, and Go Fish - and other games like tag (he calls it 'tag you're it'), throw (otherwise known as 'catch'), football (running a lap around in the house and falling down for a touchdown), and hide-and-seek.
We have a fun birthday morning planned (assuming the predicted snow/ice doesn't hinder us) with just the birthday boy and mommy - to the Children's Museum and the cupcake shop down the street for a yummy birthday treat.
Happy 3rd Birthday to my Sweet Boy. I'm looking forward to lots of birthday kisses!
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing Lindsey! Luke is indeed a very sweet boy and I will always hold a special place in my heart for him and his brother John. I know tomorrow will be one very happy birthday. Give him a hug for me!
Love,
Cindy Nevin
Post a Comment