Thursday, December 28, 2006
15 Months
John is 15 months old today. They say ("they" being people like pediatricians and whatnot who write for magazines and places like babycenter) that the 15-month-old-mark is a big one in a baby's life. Primarily because most babes are walking by then and starting to truly assert their independence - wanting to do what mom and dad do and wanting to do it on their own. We have definitely seen this in John - he seems to have grown up so much in the last few months - it's really pretty crazy. At his 1 year birthday (a mere 3 months ago), he was just getting the hang of drinking out of a 'sippy cup' (we went straight to the variety with a straw), still eating some baby food and needing us to feed it to him, and mastering crawling but not really thinking about walking...to now when he's eating like a champ (spaghetti is a favorite), and walking (scratch that; running!) all over the place. He sure keeps us busy, but we love seeing his sweet personality unfold. He's not much for words yet, but I can't wait to hear what he has to say when he moves on from babbling and noises (of course that sound means 'again') to precious words and phrases.
1 comment:
Thanks Lindsay for doing this. Maybe some day I'll get my act together and do it too. Even though I talk to you daily I'll enjoy checking the blog...I put it on my favs.
You're a great mom and it was wonderful to see you "in action" last weekend. Love you,
Betsy
Post a Comment