Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year

I hope you all had an enjoyable New Year's Eve! We went low-key this year, staying in and playing games with Will's folks. It was lots of fun, but the sad thing is that we had built-in-babysitters on New Year's Eve and still nowhere fun to go. We could have gone downtown to the First Night celebration, but it was raining and the schedule looked pretty much the same as when we went two years ago (been there, done that). It's times like these when I miss where we used to live in Wisconsin - what a great downtown and so much to do! So we opted to stay indoors and play some of our new games we got for Christmas - all are very fun and you should definitely check them out - Blokus, Ruckus, and Pit (ah, a classic!) - all are easy to learn (even for kids) and FUN to play.

Incidently, I realized when the ball dropped and the big '2007' flashed in bright lights that I am going to be 30 this year - not that I didn't know it was coming (and not coming until the end of November, mind you!), but the '07 all bright and flashy caught my attention (since I was born in '77) and surprised me a little. Good thing I have several months to prepare! Will (who will be 37 in '07) still tells people I am 25 (the age I was when we got married - mostly because he doesn't usually remember my real age but partly because he still thinks I am) - bless him!

No comments: