Helpful tips or advice to share...sit and play with your
child(ren), even if its only for a short while. I had some great fun
playing with Luke this week. Its been a long time since its just been us,
and he has grown and changed so much since the Spring. Both my boys are
very good at entertaining themselves (together or apart), so sometimes I forget
to get down on the floor with them. Its a good way to hear his take
on the world. This week we played 'house' for a long time at a park - we
pretended to eat dinner, play games, walk to the bus stop, do homework, sleep
on our beds, play with our toys, etc. It was great fun!!
App or website I love…I added this one this week when I realized my 'helpful tips' might
always be websites or apps - there are too many helpful ones to count!
One of my favorite websites is actually a blog. The Pioneer Woman writes in a way that makes you feel
like you're a close friend. She gives you witty insights into her family,
but also great tips on photography, cooking (try some of her recipes, they are
VERY good!), and even cool info on movies and other entertainment. Her quizzes are very fun and her giveaways are stellar (although she has a lot of fans, so
the competition is pretty numerous). Check it out if you have a few
minutes to spare.
Questions I have...how are we going to celebrate John's 6th birthday (its only a week
and a half away)? We will do something as a family, but I don't know if
that is going out to eat at a fun restaurant (we took him out for pizza one
year, and he was a little embarrassed when they sang to him - but
really he loved it), doing a fun family outing (we've done indoor water parks
in the past), or starting a new tradition. Any fun family celebration
ideas are welcome :)
I am inspired by...the Bible study I started attending this week. I love a good
study to get me into a regular habit of reading and studying the Bible. I
need that sort of motivation :)
Places we're going and people we're seeing...we took another trip to Busch
Gardens last weekend.
It was Jack Hanna's Wild Days, so they had even
more animals around the park than normal. We didn't get to see Mr.
Hanna's show (the theater was full and the line was around the building) but
the kids enjoyed seeing the animals. John got to hold a small hawk and
pet a skink (Luke watched from a distance) and we
all got to watch the wolves being fed and see a farrier shoe a horse!
My favorite thing this week...eating lunch with John at school on Thursday.
In Kindergarten, its still cool to have your mom at school! :) It
was fun to meet some of his classmates that he talks about and just to see him
interact with the other kids and the teacher. If you have the opportunity
to do this, I highly recommend it!
I'm reading...Catching
Fire by Suzanne Collins. Its the second book in the Hunger Games series. I read the
first one earlier this summer and then put this one on hold at the library.
When it came in, I dropped the other books I was reading (I wasn't very
into them anyway) and picked this one up. I can't stop - the story and
the writing just make you want to keep reading! I expect to be finished
by the end of the weekend :)
I'm cooking...pasta. I made pasta dishes twice this week and am still in
the mood for more. Maybe I need to take the kids to Olive Garden this
week :)
I'm grateful for...a wonderful church! It has helped so much in
moving to have a great connections through our new church family. I have
met some wonderful friends (who in turn introduce me to their wonderful
friends) and am very blessed by these relationships. I am involved in a
Bible Study at this church and a MOPS program.
They have been great ways to meet other families here - the kids have
even met some friends!
A photo to share...
1 comment:
You are such a good mom Lindsay. Keep up the good work!!
Love,
Betsy
Post a Comment