Friday, October 7, 2011

Hello Fall

In my life this week...I am welcoming FALL.  I loved this week of jeans, cool(ish) weather, and a reprieve from rain every day!  Yeah for autumn!!

App or website I love…it would be unfair to not mention Pinterest this week, since its taken up way too much of my time I've had so much fun looking at new ideas!  There was lots of buzz about it from some of my friends on facebook, so I thought I'd check it out.  Now I have a love/hate relationship with it.  Here's the gist: you 'pin' images (which link back to websites or blogs) of things you like.  You can group them by 'boards' for a little organization.  You can pin recipes, clothes, house ideas, quotations, pictures, places, etc.  In the end, you have a collection of things you love, things you want to try, and things you find inspiring...and you can follow your friends (or strangers) to learn a little more about them and share ideas (you can 'repin' other's pins).  Its so fun, but can be a great time sucker - so consider yourself warned.  And so its not all cyber-creativity (see definition below), I challenge you to go out and DO some of the things you pinned.  Today, I am making a do-it-yourself pumpkin spice latte syrup for at home pumpkin spice lattes (see it on my Yummy board).


Places we're going and people we're seeing...this week I volunteered in John's art class.  It was just his art teacher, 18 kindergarteners, and me.  I have a feeling she was glad to have an extra set of hands!  I am hoping to volunteer in there regularly - since they have a need for someone weekly and I've been hoping to get into his school more often.

My favorite thing this week...playing Super Mario Brothers Wii with the family.  The boys love to play and we have tons of fun playing all 4 of us.  The boys are pros and even Luke does amazingly well!

I'm reading...In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner.  It was on a display shelf at the library, so I picked it up.  It was made into a movie several years ago with Toni Collette and Cameron Diaz - I never saw it but remembered thinking it looked good.  So now I'm reading the book and I'm sure I'll rent the movie afterwards :)  I always love a book about sisters.  Even if the relationship is dysfunctional (and the people), I still usually find some ways to relate.  There's nothing quite like the bond of sisters.

I'm cooking...as I mentioned earlier, I'm going to try to make some pumpkin spice syrup later day (after I run to the store for a few missing ingredients).  I hope its yummy!

A picture to share...the boys both wanted to wear ties to church on Sunday (thanks to cousin Alex for the awesome hand-me-down ties).  I set their clothes out for them the night before, and Sunday morning they dressed themselves.  I had to take before-and-after pictures because their attempts were so cute (and remarkably not too off-the-mark). 




No comments: