In my life this week...we've been playing games! I unboxed some of the boys' games and we've enjoyed playing some Uno Moo, Uno Attack, and Guess Who? - the boys are even playing on their own, which is very fun to witness!
App or website I love…we are all familiar with Amazon, but I particularly love this website around the holidays. We keep a 'wish list' on this site for each of us and throughout the year, I'll add items to our lists as I think of things that would make great gifts for us. Its nice for out-of-town family to be able to look at the list for ideas or to actually purchase and send something. You can add a note to any item, and you can even add a 'universal wish list' button to your bookmark bar and add an item from ANY website to your wish list. Its a lot like registering for wedding gifts :) We have inspired some of our family to jump on the wish list bandwagon, too. We have always shared written 'wish lists' because its so nice to have ideas when shopping for someone (especially if you don't live close by, because even if you know them well, you might not know what they already have!) and it makes it that much easier to do it online all in one place! Extra tip: when we are in a store and one of the boys finds something he wants, I scan it with my iPhone's Amazon Mobile app and click 'add to wish list' (this adds it to the 'main' wish list, which is mine, and I have to move it later to the correct child's list). This helps them not whine about me not buying them things every time we go down a toy aisle!
Questions I have...why do people enjoy being scared? I don't understand the appeal of horror movies, scary decorations, and haunted houses.
Places we're going and people we're seeing...we took the boys to their first football game last weekend. We were able to get tickets to W&M's homecoming game on Saturday, and we even went to the Homecoming Parade on Friday afternoon. The boys loved all the football festivities even made it through the whole game! John loved cheering for our team and was a very enthusiastic fan (even if at times he was more interested in watching for the soda guy instead of watching the game). The Tribe's colors are green and gold, and John cheered for the following teams: the Tribe, the Green team, and the Green Bay Packers. :)
I'm reading...nothing new right now! I have been waiting for our book club to make a new selection, but now I'm starting to get a little restless. Its weird how reading a good book becomes part of me and I miss it when I'm not into one.
I'm grateful for...so many things. I have been thinking about gratefulness lately and want to focus more on what I have and less on what I have not. Besides the former is such a better list than the latter.
A photo to share...the boys selecting their pumpkins in early October - I figure it's better to share the pic late than not at all! And yes, both boys and both pumpkins got a ride in the pumpkin wagon.
No comments:
Post a Comment